Ohio has a new innovative and valuable tool now available to assist companies in the so-called war for talent. JobsOhio is now offering Talent Acquisition Service (TAS) as part of its incentive offerings to some companies planning to expand in or relocate to Ohio. The program is designed to compliment and augment a company’s own recruiting efforts.
In recent months, clients of Development Strategies Group (DSG) have been offered this service. We have been impressed with the flexibility of the program design and its ability to integrate with and amplify existing recruiting efforts. As is the case in many situations, it is tough to “break through the noise” and make your company and your opportunities known. The JobsOhio TAS program is helping growing companies by hitting more job boards, participating in more job fairs, enhancing social media efforts, and adding more “hands” to do the work and ideas to reach workers.
The customizable talent attraction program is offered at no cost to the company. Rather the company is offered a budget allocation from JobsOhio to engage in the work. This approach also utilizes the services of JobsOhio as a liaison between the company and service providers, saving the company the time and effort required to identify vendors, execute contracts, and manage the work of an outside provider.
Companies can choose from the following services available:
- Talent Advising (included in every project): JobsOhio will provide assistance in reviewing the candidate experience, attraction and application processes, refining outreach and intake, matching the company with relevant partners for long-term talent development and expanding talent pools based on regionally crafted strategies.
- Candidate Marketing and Attraction: This use includes recruitment marketing strategy and supporting channel strategies, digital and traditional advertising costs (in and out of state), recruitment branding and creative development, job posting licensure, event promotion and sponsorships, and associated services with advertising job opportunities.
- Sourcing Talent: One-to-one connections will be facilitated with validated talent pools and partners by the JobsOhio Talent Service. Labor market data for direct engagement will also be provided, as well as outreach and recruitment support.
- Pre-screening Talent: Companies selecting this program will have use of and access to JobsOhio’s extensive menu of tools to ensure alignment between candidates and the company’s required skills, knowledge and abilities. Pre-screening tools can be customized to the company’s position requirements.
- Pre-hire Training: Unlike the JobsOhio Workforce Training Grant (reimbursement model), the TAS program can fund pre-hire training activities for the company with no upfront costs for the company. Utilizing an agreed upon and standardized training curriculum, delivery would come from a trusted JobsOhio partner. Training delivery will be customized to the company’s requirements.
While not a traditional tax credit, grant, loan or tax abatement, this innovative tool is market savvy – offering a differentiator for Ohio by not only offering to help train workers, but as is often now the case, helping to find them.
For more information on the Talent Acquisition Service program, feel free to contact Doug Moormann at (513) 237-2466 or [email protected].